Boston , MA
The Director of Market Insights will play an important role on the AVEO Team by providing objective and timely insights to support market and customer understanding. This highly visible position requires the ability to identify and effectively communicate key insights, and to collaborate with multiple stakeholders on market research and business intelligence design, project management, data analysis, and insight generation.
Reporting to the SVP of Commercial Operations this individual will collaborate with internal and external partners to assess team needs and lead the implementation of our Market Insights function. This role requires a strong understanding of the oncology marketplace and sales process, data analytics and market research methodology, attention to detail and ability to execute a complex plan.
- Develops overall Market Insights plan to support the launch of tivozanib and in support of our pipeline programs.
- Primary Market Research: Designs and executes qualitative and quantitative primary market research to drive insight generation and market understanding. Example projects include: ATU/market pulse tracking, patient chart study, and brand development research (positioning, messaging, concept testing etc.).
- Manages budget, vendor selection, and vendor project management for ongoing market research projects.
- Competitive Intelligence: Monitors and analyzes several key oncology indications, with a particular focus on the RCC market, by developing and maintaining competitive intelligence trackers and dashboards.
- Works with Marketing, Reimbursement & Access, and Sales Teams to identify key analyses and insights to support Commercial strategy.
- Secondary Data Analysis: Leverages secondary data sources to support market understanding and forecast assumption generation, (Ex. IQVIA, SPA, IPSOS and other data).
- Ad-Hoc Support: Provides ad-hoc analytical support in response to requests from internal customers using existing primary and secondary data sources.
- Participates effectively and creatively in strategic and tactical meetings, providing thoughtful, data-driven support for all pipeline compounds.
- Assists in implementing improvements to team operations including market research and competitive intelligence processes, knowledge management processes and capabilities, and vendor management strategies.
- Ensure all marketing research activities are conducted in accordance with financial and ethical compliance guidelines.
- BA or BS degree required
- 10+ years of pharmaceutical or biotech experience including 5+ years in a market research role within a biotech or pharmaceutical company or at a consulting firm supporting the biotech/pharmaceutical industry.
- Prior oncology experience
- Knowledge of primary (qualitative and quantitative) and secondary market research methodologies, sources, and applications.
- Market research vendor management experience
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team, and able to manage the needs of multiple stakeholders.
- High degree of adaptability and problem solving skills, with ability to identify and address insight gaps.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to effectively work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to present research results in a clear and concise manner to all levels of the organization.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
AVEO Oncology (AVEO) is a biopharmaceutical company dedicated to advancing a broad portfolio of targeted therapeutics for oncology and other areas of unmet medical need. The Company is focused on seeking to develop and commercialize its lead candidate tivozanib, a potent, selective, long half-life inhibitor of vascular endothelial growth factor 1, 2 and 3 receptors, in North America as a treatment for renal cell carcinoma and other cancers. AVEO is leveraging multiple partnerships aimed at developing and commercializing tivozanib in oncology indications outside of North America, and at progressing its pipeline of novel therapeutic candidates in cancer and cachexia (wasting syndrome). Tivozanib (FOTIVDA®) is approved by the European Commission for the treatment of adult patients with advanced renal cell carcinoma (RCC) in the European Union plus Norway and Iceland.