The Director, Sales Operations is a key role in the commercial organization responsible for providing the infrastructure, support, and insights required by our emerging commercial organization. AVEO is developing innovative therapies for cancer and is seeking an individual to design and implement the systems and processes needed to enable a highly successful launch.
Reporting to the SVP of Commercial Operations, this individual will collaborate with internal and external partners to assess team needs and lead the implementation of our Sales Operations function. This role requires a strong understanding of the oncology marketplace and sales process, data analytics and reporting, attention to detail, and ability to execute a complex plan.
Infrastructure Strategy and Implementation
- Develop & lead cross functional process to define support needs and develop and implement infrastructure and data strategy aligned with commercial objectives
- Partner with IT and commercial leadership to create the Commercial Data Warehouse integrating various internal and external data sources, ensuring data quality, analytics, and reporting capabilities
- Lead the Sales Force Automation (SFA) system design, implementation, and administration in partnership with IT and commercial leadership. Drive system improvements and evolution to support business needs and oversee training support for the field sales users
- Provide other field support such as vehicle program support and materials fulfillment
Sales Support and Optimization
- Develop and maintain sales force alignment
- Lead the development and administration of motivational incentive plans and contests designed to support sales and marketing objectives
- Implement customer segmentation and targeting efforts to optimize sales efficiency and impact
- Develop performance tracking and analytics capabilities including standard performance dashboards and ad hoc support for Marketing, Sales and senior management. Perform various self-initiated analyses to uncover opportunities and challenges facing the commercialization efforts
Strong analytical abilities and attention to detail with a BA/BS in degree and at least 12 years of experience in the pharmaceutical or biotech industries including launch and pre-launch planning including prior management level experience in Sales Operations. Minimum of 5 years of oncology market experience.
- Extensive experience with IQVIA, SHS and other oncology sales and claims datasets
- Advanced computer skills – excellent knowledge and experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access
- Experience supporting pharmaceutical sales force automation software (Veeva / Salesforce.com preferred)
- Ability to translate end user needs into system capabilities
- Territory Alignment experience
- Sales incentive planning and administration expertise
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team, and able to manage the needs of multiple stakeholders.
- High degree of adaptability and problem-solving skills, with ability to identify and address insight gaps.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to present research results in a clear and concise manner to all levels of the organization.
AVEO Oncology (AVEO) is a biopharmaceutical company dedicated to advancing a broad portfolio of targeted therapeutics for oncology and other areas of unmet medical need. The Company is focused on seeking to develop and commercialize its lead candidate tivozanib, a potent, selective, long half-life inhibitor of vascular endothelial growth factor 1, 2 and 3 receptors, in North America as a treatment for renal cell carcinoma and other cancers. AVEO is leveraging multiple partnerships aimed at developing and commercializing tivozanib in oncology indications outside of North America, and at progressing its pipeline of novel therapeutic candidates in cancer and cachexia (wasting syndrome). Tivozanib (FOTIVDA®) is approved by the European Commission for the treatment of adult patients with advanced renal cell carcinoma (RCC) in the European Union plus Norway and Iceland.