Reporting to the Senior Director of Trade & Distribution, the Director of Strategic Pricing & Contracting will be a critical member of the US Commercial Organization. The highly visible role will have direct responsibility for analysis and execution of all pricing & contracting decisions to be made in relation to marketed and pipeline agents. The Director of Strategic Pricing & Contracting will be responsible for supporting the Market Access Team with essential tasks required to promote continued growth and efficient management of Aveo contracts across the oncology portfolio of products.
The role will require a high level of collaboration and integration with Marketing, Sales, Medical, Legal, Training, Finance, Patient Support, and Senior Leadership.
GPO Contract Execution and Monitoring:
- Develop, define, and implement efficient processes for month end, quarter end, and year end administrative responsibilities as well as performance analysis towards stated objectives
- Quarterly admin fee processing
- Contract monitoring and assessment for performance indicators (GTN, ROI, Break-even and cost/benefit analysis)
- Create and support dashboards for performance tracking towards defined goals
- Execute quarter end assessment and process quarter close
- Assuring appropriate utilization and that chargebacks AVEO receives are accurate 340B charges
- Verify 340B eligibility and GPO member lists to ensure account qualification at the time of the chargeback, and drive dispute process when needed
- Oversee general government related chargeback monitoring for appropriate transactional accuracy
- Notify channel of contracting price updates (including 3PL, SP, SD, and GPO accounts)
- Price change notification to channel
- Collect GPO member lists and notify of price updates outlining price adjustment along with any necessary documentation
- Conduct financial modeling as needed for analysis and performance benchmarking
- Monitor existing customer contracts using approved performance methodologies, tools, etc.; includes identifying and recommending opportunities for improvement
- Collect, interpret, and disseminate internal and external pricing and contracting information to help internal customers, partners, and other stakeholders with timely decision-making, that aligns with brand and corporate opportunities and/or risks
- Bachelor’s Degree required / MBA preferred
- Minimum of 5 years progressive experience within Operations, Contracting or Pricing Administration and Analytics
- Minimum of 3 years relevant pharmaceutical industry experience
- Experience and understanding of oral oncology product access channels (preferred).
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills with the established ability to effectively work with diverse audiences and influence cross-functionally
- High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office: Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong analytical skills with the proven ability to effectively analyze data to determine trends and inform strategy (including GTN, cost/benefit, ROI, and break-even analysis)
- Willingness to travel and attend meetings as needed
AVEO is a commercial-stage, oncology-focused biopharmaceutical company committed to delivering medicines that provide a better life for patients with cancer. AVEO currently markets FOTIVDA® (tivozanib) in the U.S. for the treatment of adult patients with relapsed or refractory renal cell carcinoma (RCC) following two or more prior systemic therapies. AVEO continues to develop FOTIVDA in immuno-oncology combinations in RCC and other indications, and has several other investigational programs in clinical development. AVEO is committed to creating an environment of diversity, equity, and inclusion to diversify representation within the Company.