The Manager, Sales Operations will be responsible for the development, administration and governance of key elements of Field Operations as defined below. Reporting to the Director, Sales Operations, this individual will work in partnership with internal stakeholders and external partners and play an important role in the development of AVEO Oncology’s (AVEO) field operations capabilities. More specifically, the successful candidate will collaborate with the Director, Sales Operations on Incentive Compensation (IC), Presidents Club (PClub), territory alignment and maintenance, targeting and vehicle program and sample administration. This is a high visibility and customer service oriented role that requires partnership with Commercial and Sales leadership and whose success is critical to establishing a foundation of trust between all parties involved. Additionally, this position will play a crucial role in helping lay the groundwork for effective operations of the Commercial Organization in support of an anticipated US product launch and beyond. Lastly, this role requires a strong understanding of the oncology marketplace and sales process, reporting and must possess keen attention to detail.
Incentive Compensation and President’s Club:
- Lead the development and administration of motivational IC plans and contests designed to support sales and marketing objectives
- Partner with sales leadership and external partners in the design, testing and implementation of an IC administration platform, utilizing feedback from key field sales stakeholders to optimize system
- Work with Sales and Commercial leadership to design, implement and administer President’s Club, including reporting monthly on PClub standings
- Lead quarterly IC accrual and payout reviews, providing in depth views of outliers as necessary and/or raising circumstances that might necessitate management review
- Provide Finance with audited quarterly accrual and signed payout files for booking/processing, ensuring IC payouts are disbursed to the Field on time
Field Sales Support and Optimization:
- Develop periodic process to review and update field sales alignment as necessary
- Implement customer segmentation and targeting efforts to optimize sales efficiency, call planning and overall impact
- Implement a process to periodically update targets, working with colleagues in Sales Operations to ensure current target list is up to date
- Provide other field support such as vehicle program support and sample/materials fulfillment
- Implement process to dynamically manage field rosters
- Engage with Field Sales across all levels to promote trust and transparent communication
- Provide ad-hoc support (e.g. Reporting & Analysis, CRM support) as necessary
Strong analytical abilities, customer service oriented, attention to detail and self-starter with a BA/BS degree in a relevant field and at least 3 – 5 years of commercial experience, including prior sales ops experience in the pharmaceutical or biotech industries as well as launch and pre-launch planning.
- Territory Alignment experience
- Sales incentive planning and administration expertise
- Prior experience with IQVIA, SHS and other oncology sales and claims datasets
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team, and able to manage the needs of multiple stakeholders
- High degree of adaptability and problem-solving skills, with ability to identify and address insight gaps
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to present research results in a clear and concise manner to all levels of the organization
- Expert computer skills – excellent knowledge and experience with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Prior oncology market experience
- Prior experience in Field Sales
- Familiarity with analytical tools such as R, Python, SAS, SQL, Tableau, etc.
AVEO Oncology (AVEO) is a biopharmaceutical company dedicated to advancing a broad portfolio of targeted therapeutics for oncology and other areas of unmet medical need. The Company is focused on seeking to develop and commercialize its lead candidate tivozanib, a potent, selective, long half-life inhibitor of vascular endothelial growth factor 1, 2 and 3 receptors, in North America as a treatment for renal cell carcinoma and other cancers. AVEO is leveraging multiple partnerships aimed at developing and commercializing tivozanib in oncology indications outside of North America, and at progressing its pipeline of novel therapeutic candidates in cancer and cachexia (wasting syndrome). Tivozanib (FOTIVDA®) is approved by the European Commission for the treatment of adult patients with advanced renal cell carcinoma (RCC) in the European Union plus Norway and Iceland.