This position provides a unique opportunity for an experienced sales professional to be part of AVEO’s first national sales force to promote tivozanib for renal cell carcinoma (RCC). This role will report to the Regional Business Director and is field based.
We are looking for individuals who share the importance of science-based selling, supported by a strong foundation of business analytics. The OAM will also possess a deep knowledge of the oral drug space, as well as background in later line oncology and or hematology malignancy. A solid understanding of the oncology therapeutic area is essential, with a preference for experience in RCC or GU Oncology. Demonstrated sales success and compassion for patients is required.
- The OAM will promote safe and effective use of tivozanib within the labeled indication (RCC) and in accordance with company training and policies
- Responsible for individual/territory sales performance and goal attainment
- Understand the Oncology/RCC environment; have in-depth knowledge of disease-state, local drivers, treatment and referral patterns, etc.
- Develop strong relationships with key customers practicing in your geography
- Prepare and implement a comprehensive business plan for territory
- Exercise sound judgment and ensure integrity and compliance with company policies in all activities and communications
- Foster AVEO core values and behaviors
- BS in Business or Science; 5 – 10 years sales experience in pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry
- Demonstrated understanding of oncology therapeutic area, products and marketplace strongly preferred
- Proven track record that demonstrates top sales accomplishments
- Demonstrated ability to understand and communicate technical clinical material clearly and effectively
- Ability to develop critical relationships with physicians, nurses and ancillary staff within academic hospitals, clinics, and private practice facilities
- Possesses a strong work ethic, ability to develop priorities and manage time appropriately.
- Works with all members of a team effectively
- Integrates innovative ideas in order to accomplish corporate and individual objectives
- Ability to travel and valid driver’s license in good standing required
The Company’s lead candidate is tivozanib, an oral, once-daily, next-generation vascular endothelial growth factor receptor (VEGFR) tyrosine kinase inhibitor (TKI). It is a potent, selective, long half-life inhibitor of all three VEGF receptors, which AVEO is seeking to develop and commercialize in North America as a treatment for renal cell carcinoma (RCC), hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) and other cancers. On June 1, 2020, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) accepted for filing the New Drug Application (NDA) for tivozanib as a treatment for relapsed or refractory RCC and assigned a Prescription Drug User Fee Act (PDUFA) target action date of March 31, 2021. Tivozanib (FOTIVDA®) is approved by the European Commission for the treatment of adult patients with advanced RCC in the European Union plus Norway, New Zealand and Iceland. AVEO is leveraging or seeks to leverage partnerships to develop and commercialize its pipeline of products and product candidates, including tivozanib in oncology and other indications in various geographies, and ficlatuzumab (HGF MAb) in head and neck cancer and pancreatic cancer. AVEO’s earlier-stage pipeline includes AV-203 (anti-ErbB3 MAb), AV-380 (GDF15 MAb) and AV-353 (Notch 3 MAb) drug candidates being developed for various oncology indications.
Tivozanib, ficlatuzumab, AV-203, AV-380 and AV-353 are investigational drugs and have not yet been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).