We are looking for an experienced, versatile and energetic Senior Corporate Counsel to join a growing legal department at AVEO Oncology. The incumbent will have experience counseling the biopharma industry regarding all aspects of corporate and securities matters, compliance, contracts, clinical development and collaborations.
- Law degree and admission to the bar
- A minimum of 5 – 6 years of law firm and in-house experience
- Strong background in corporate and securities law
- Experience advising public, commercial stage companies in the biopharma industry
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, problem-solve and operate in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong professionalism and interpersonal skills
- Sound judgment and commitment to ethical conduct
- Prepare SEC filings, including periodic reports, proxy statements and Section 16 filings. Provide legal advice in connection with press releases, investor presentations, and other disclosure matters, as well as securities offerings and finance transactions.
- Corporate governance, ethics and compliance matters, including corporate policies and materials for board of directors.
- Draft and negotiate contracts, including master services agreements, clinical trial agreements, supply agreements, license agreements and material transfer agreements.
- Analyze company activities for compliance with evolving legal and regulatory landscape. Conduct legal research, as needed.
- Generate reports, presentations, spreadsheets and other documents for the Legal Department, clients and/or the senior management team, as requested.
- Act as the Legal Department representative on cross-functional teams, as assigned.
AVEO is developing an oncology pipeline designed to provide a better life for patients with cancer. AVEO’s strategy is to focus its resources toward development and commercialization of its product candidates in North America, while leveraging partnerships to support development and commercialization in other geographies. AVEO’s lead candidate, tivozanib (FOTIVDA®) is approved in the European Union, the United Kingdom, Norway, New Zealand and Iceland for the treatment of adult patients with advanced renal cell carcinoma. AVEO is working to develop and commercialize tivozanib in North America as a treatment for renal cell carcinoma and hepatocellular carcinoma. Ficlatuzumab (anti-HGF mAb) is in a randomized Phase 2 confirmatory clinical trial in head and neck cancer and has previously reported promising early clinical data in head and neck cancer, acute myeloid leukemia and pancreatic cancer. AVEO’s earlier-stage pipeline includes several monoclonal antibodies in oncology development, including AV-203 (anti-ErbB3 mAb), AV-380 (anti-GDF15 mAb) and AV-353 (anti-Notch 3 mAb). AVEO is committed to creating an environment of diversity and inclusion as a foundation for innovation.