The Sr. Manager, Sales Operations will be responsible for the management of the Commercial Data and Systems Infrastructure as well as for generating accurate, timely and consistent reporting of sales performance and other key performance indicators. Reporting to the Director, Sales Operations, this individual will work in partnership with internal and external partners to assess cross functional team needs and play a critical role in the implementation of AVEO’s Commercial Data and Systems Infrastructure. More specifically, the successful candidate will collaborate with the Director, Sales Operations on AVEO Oncology’s (AVEO) commercial data strategy and implementation of Master Data Management (MDM) and build out of the Commercial Data Warehouse (CDW) and Sales Force Automation (SFA) platforms. This function is critical to establishing a foundation for effective operations of the commercial organization in support of an anticipated US product launch and beyond. This role requires a strong understanding of the oncology marketplace and sales process, data analytics and reporting, keen attention to detail, and ability to execute a complex plan.
Commercial Data Architecture: Strategy and Implementation:
a cross functional partnership process with internal and external stakeholders ensuring
alignment to AVEO’s commercial objectives to define, design, test and implement
- Key focus to ensure seamless integration of appropriate internal and external data sources, ensuring a rigor in data quality and reporting and analytics capabilities
- Map out AVEO’s data strategy and implement a best in class MDM
- Build out of a seamless CRM experience with a broad view in mind, taking into account varying user personas and dynamics of an ever-changing landscape
Commercial Infrastructure Maintenance:
- Manage CDW, MDM and SFA maintenance and drive system improvements as the organization evolves to support changing business needs
- Oversee training support for the field sales users (SFA)
Reporting and Analytics:
- Partnering with commercial and key stakeholders, develop performance tracking and analytics capabilities including standard performance dashboards, launch dashboards and ad hoc support for Marketing, Sales and senior management
- Perform various self-initiated analyses to uncover opportunities and challenges facing the commercialization efforts
Strong analytical abilities, attention to detail and self-starter with a BA/BS degree in a relevant field and at least 5 – 6 years of commercial experience, including prior sales ops experience in the pharmaceutical or biotech industries as well as launch and pre-launch planning. Minimum of 2 – 3 years of oncology market experience.
- Extensive experience with IQVIA, SHS and other oncology sales and claims datasets
- Expert computer skills – excellent knowledge and experience with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with analytical tools such as R, Python, SAS, SQL, Tableau, etc.
- Experience supporting pharmaceutical sales force automation software (Veeva / Salesforce.com preferred)
- Ability to translate end user needs into system capabilities
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team, and able to manage the needs of multiple stakeholders
- High degree of adaptability and problem-solving skills, with ability to identify and address insight gaps
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to present research results in a clear and concise manner to all levels of the organization
- Prior experience in Field Sales a plus
AVEO Oncology (AVEO) is a biopharmaceutical company dedicated to advancing a broad portfolio of targeted therapeutics for oncology and other areas of unmet medical need. The Company is focused on seeking to develop and commercialize its lead candidate tivozanib, a potent, selective, long half-life inhibitor of vascular endothelial growth factor 1, 2 and 3 receptors, in North America as a treatment for renal cell carcinoma and other cancers. AVEO is leveraging multiple partnerships aimed at developing and commercializing tivozanib in oncology indications outside of North America, and at progressing its pipeline of novel therapeutic candidates in cancer and cachexia (wasting syndrome). Tivozanib (FOTIVDA®) is approved by the European Commission for the treatment of adult patients with advanced renal cell carcinoma (RCC) in the European Union plus Norway and Iceland.