The Senior Sales Analyst, Commercial Operations & Analytics will be responsible for the development and continued enhancement of AVEO’s Commercial Reporting and Analytics capabilities. Reporting to the Sr. Director, Commercial Operations, Insights & Analytics, and working in a dynamic and collaborative team environment, the successful candidate will play an important role in supporting the company’s recent US product launch of FOTIVDA®.
The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated ability to comprehend business process and context, while also having the technical skills needed to develop and report-out insights at all levels of the organization. The successful candidate will also be well versed in the development and reporting of key performance indicators (KPIs). These KPIs will be designed to uncover insights needed to make data-driven decisions on commercial objectives and priorities. Insights will cover a broad range of areas including sales performance, field activity performance (target reach and penetration), marketing campaign effectiveness, effectiveness of commercial initiatives, organic demand generation and customer segmentation. Conversely, the ideal candidate will also perform ad hoc analyses of sales and/or claims data to uncover hidden trends and answer ad hoc field questions and assist team members with data investigations related to overall performance data.
This is a hands-on role playing a key position in driving the growth of AVEO Oncology over the next several years!
- Understands sales strategy, market opportunities, and corporate strategic imperatives.
- Drives linkage of a successful product launch to commercial objectives through KPIs and related insights.
- Builds and maintains strong rapport with commercial business partners in sales, marketing, and market access to develop KPIs in support of their respective initiatives to ensure ongoing operational needs are met.
- Drives continuous improvement, automation, and self-service of insights consumption for the commercial team with tools (e.g. Tableau dashboards), reporting and training.
- Develops and maintains daily/weekly performance dashboards and comprehensive monthly/quarterly reporting packages.
- Conducts analyses and makes recommendations for commercial initiatives to drive growth and achievement of commercial strategy and objectives.
- Proactively “connects the dots” across commercial teams to drive alignment of strategy and tactics as well as inform prioritization decisions.
- Through insights and connectivity with commercial teams, identifies and evaluates fundamental underlying commercial challenges, providing recommendations for actions needed to improve and/or mitigate risk.
- Foundational knowledge of Tableau (or similar) concepts including report building, data preparation, visual best practices, user permissioning, and QC is a must.
- Familiarity and understanding of programming languages such as R, Python and SAS and expert in SQL.
- Expert user of Excel, including VBA and PowerPoint.
- Prior experience with IQVIA, SHS and other oncology sales and claims datasets.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and communicate KPIs, insights and related recommendations.
- Outstanding data management/analyses capabilities with high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proven ability to provide business analyses and system development/configuration deliverables related to process improvement.
Education and Experience
- At least 4+ years of experience working in commercial analytical roles of increasing responsibility.
- BS degree required, preferably in finance, accounting, marketing, economics, or information technology.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team, and able to manage the needs of multiple stakeholders.
- High degree of adaptability and problem-solving skills, with ability to identify and address insight gaps.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to present research results in a clear and concise manner to all levels of the organization.
- Positive, results driven, rational, logical and team player.
AVEO is an oncology-focused biopharmaceutical company committed to delivering medicines that provide life for cancer patients. AVEO’s strategy is to focus its resources toward development and commercialization of its product candidates in North America, while leveraging partnerships to support development and commercialization in other geographies. AVEO’s lead candidate, FOTIVDA® (tivozanib), received U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval in March 2021 for the treatment of adult patients with relapsed or refractory advanced renal cell carcinoma (RCC) following two or more prior systemic therapies. FOTIVDA® was approved in August 2017 in the European Union and other countries in the territory of its partner EUSA Pharma for the treatment of adult patients with advanced RCC. AVEO has previously reported promising early clinical data on ficlatuzumab (Anti-HGF/c-MET IgG1 mAb) in head and neck cancer, acute myeloid leukemia and pancreatic cancer and is conducting a randomized Phase 2 confirmatory clinical trial of ficlatuzumab in head and neck cancer. AVEO’s earlier-stage pipeline includes several monoclonal antibodies in oncology development, including AV-203 (Anti-ERBB3 mAb), AV-380 (Anti-GDF15 IgG1 mAb) and AV-353 (Anti-Notch 3 mAb). AVEO is committed to creating an environment of diversity and inclusion as a foundation for innovation.