Reporting to the VP of Marketing, the Senior Manager of Marketing position will be a key member of the Commercial Team committed to ensuring the successful launch of tivozanib for RCC (renal cell carcinoma).
In this role you will be responsible for the implementation of pre-launch disease and launch product promotional activities. This includes driving the strategy, development and implementation of launch plans for tivozanib’s successful entry into the RCC market. Market conditioning and establishing and maintaining KOL relationships are key elements of this role.
The ideal candidate will be a driven, analytical individual with a proven competency for scientific knowledge and an understanding of the promotional material development process, market conditioning and launch of oncology products in the current regulatory environment. He/she will have strong communication, presentation skills and the ability to effectively interact collaboratively with and influence key internal and external customers including scientific leaders and cross-functional teams.
Position Overview / Key Responsibilities:
The Senior Manager Marketing will be a key member of the Commercial Team that brings tivozanib to the RCC market and will have the opportunity to make a broad impact across a growing organization. This role will be responsible for gathering insights, developing strategies, and executing tactics to support a best-in-class global launch. Analytical thinking, strong project management, and a creative can-do approach are a must. This role will report to the Vice President of Marketing while working cross-functionally with other departments.
- Contribute to the development/evolution of the tivozanib launch plan
- Develop and implement personal and non-personal, print and digital promotional material
- Drive launch tracking and identify critical success metrics
- Collaborate and manage external vendors
- Foster collaborative relationships with Medical, Legal, Regulatory, Training, Sales, KOLs, etc
- Identify, develop, and deliver actionable insights
- Monitor & report on competitor activities
- Manage and track budget to support various Marketing activities
- BA/BS degree required (with emphasis in Business, Life Sciences, or Finance). MBA, advanced degree or other equivalent experience preferred
- Oncology experience and a deep understanding of the US oncology landscape
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry, including involvement in commercial activities (market development, marketing, analytics, sales)
- Demonstrated ability to develop key messaging for internal and external stakeholders utilizing complex clinical or business data
- Track record of high business impact via problem solving and operational excellence
- Experience with market research methods and secondary data sources
- Strong project management skills
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Passionate and confident in team environment
- Proven team player with ability to navigate cross functionally
- Willingness to travel (up to 30% of time)
AVEO Oncology (NASDAQ: AVEO) is Passionate in Our Pursuit of Improving the Lives of Patients with Cancer. We are united in our efforts to provide patients with reasons to believe that they can receive effective treatments while carrying on with their daily living. AVEO Oncology is founded on a unique drug discovery and development approach called the Human Response Platform™. With it, we aim to translate cancer biology insights into next generation therapeutics targeted to specific patients living with cancer who will benefit most. The Human Response is more than a novel biology platform – it is our way of responding to the needs of the cancer community with integrity, fierce determination and compassion combined with the confidence that we will transform the lives of those impacted by cancer. This is the AVEO Way – The Human Response.