As a key member of the Finance Department, the Staff Accountant will report to the Corporate Controller and support the day-to-day accounting operations of a growing commercial organization. Aveo is looking for an enthusiastic person who is a self-starter and willing to roll-up their sleeves. This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience and build technical skills while working with a high-performing, collaborative team. If you are excited to grow your accounting experience to make valuable contributions in a fast-paced environment, then this role could be a great fit for you!
- Support the day-to-day accounting operations, including Accounts Payable, Concur expense reimbursements, ADP payroll, partnership receivables, E-TRADE stock option administration, MOTUS commercial car fleet
- Manage full cycle accounts payable, including vendor setup, proper general ledger coding, invoice processing and approvals, weekly vendor payment runs in the Silicon Valley banking platform and vendor inquiries
- Prepare and file annual Form 1099’s as required
- Record CONCUR expense reimbursement / MOTUS commercial car fleet activity and support related management reporting
- Record ADP payroll activity and prepare monthly payroll reconciliations
- Process stock option grants / exercises in E-TRADE, assist with new hire grant authorizations and support monthly / quarterly stock option reporting
- Assist in the preparation of corporate partnership invoices and supporting documentation
- Support the monthly closing process, including workpaper preparation and journal entries (bank reconciliations, prepaid expenses, partnership receivables, trade payables)
- Assist in maintaining the internal controls environment and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance
- Assist with the quarterly reviews, annual audits and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance testing by external auditors
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- 2-3 years of relevant experience, preferably in the life sciences industry
- Advanced skills in Excel, Word and report writers. Some level of ERP System experience required.
- Strong written, communication and organizational skills
- Must be detail oriented, able to meet weekly / monthly / quarterly timelines and a self-starter
- Ability to maintain confidential data and work well in a fast-paced environment
We are a biopharmaceutical company developing and seeking to commercialize our pipeline of product candidates designed to provide a better life for patients with cancer. Our strategy is to focus our efforts and resources toward development and commercialization of our product candidates in North America while leveraging partnerships to support development and commercialization in other geographies. Our lead candidate is tivozanib (FOTIVDA®), a vascular endothelial growth factor receptor, or VEGFR, tyrosine kinase inhibitor, or TKI, which is approved in the European Union, or the EU, the United Kingdom, Norway, New Zealand and Iceland for the treatment of adult patients with advanced renal cell carcinoma, or RCC. We are working to develop and commercialize tivozanib in North America as a treatment for RCC and hepatocellular carcinoma, or HCC, and are studying tivozanib in combination with immune checkpoint inhibitors for the treatment of RCC and HCC in phase 2 trials.
Our pipeline of product candidates also includes ficlatuzumab, a hepatocyte growth factor, or HGF, inhibitory monoclonal antibody, which is in a randomized phase 2 confirmatory study for the potential treatment of squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck, or HNSCC, and has previously reported promising early clinical data in HNSCC, acute myeloid leukemia, or AML, and pancreatic cancer. Our earlier-stage pipeline under development includes AV-203, an anti-ErbB3 monoclonal antibody, as a potential oncology treatment; AV-380, a humanized IgG1 inhibitory monoclonal antibody targeting growth differentiation factor 15, or GDF15, a divergent member of the TGF-ß family, for the potential treatment of cancer cachexia; and AV-353, a monoclonal antibody that targets the Notch 3 pathway.