Providing grants in support of continuing medical education (CME)
AVEO Oncology may provide grants to hospitals, academic medical centers, schools of nursing or pharmacy, and certain for-profit organizations that operate to provide educational activities in accordance with Accreditation Counsel for Continuing Medical Education (“ACCME”) Standards; professional societies and associations; patient organizations; and other institutions specializing in specific healthcare-related disciplines.
AVEO Oncology may not support CME grant requests from healthcare professionals, including individual physicians, private practice groups, group purchasing organizations, managed care organizations, preferred provider organizations or similar institutions.
The following types of activities may be eligible for support:
- Independent Medical Education (“IME”), including live, online and enduring programs presented by accredited or non-accredited providers to educate healthcare professionals;
- patient, caregiver or community education programs;
- medical, scientific or policymaking conferences, including support for national or regional professional society or association meetings; and/or
- scholarships to support appropriate costs for medical students, residents or fellows to attend major educational, scientific or policymaking meetings of national or regional associations, where the selection of the scholarship recipient is at the sole discretion of the grant recipient.
Areas of Interest:
- Relapsed or Refractory Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Recurrent or Metastatic Head and Neck Carcinoma
- Cancer Cachexia
How To Apply:
Pursuant to AVEO policy, continuing medical education grants must be requested at least 60 days prior to the start of the proposed activity and may not be solicited by AVEO. All requests should be sent to email@example.com and must include the following:
- A description of the activity for which funding is requested, including meeting objectives, general subject matter and, as applicable, time, place, agenda, faculty qualifications and institutional affiliation(s), and anticipated invitees or target audience
- A detailed budget
- Tax ID number
- Proof of accreditation when applicable
AVEO Oncology will provide notification acknowledging receipt of materials and anticipated review timeframe.